Friday, January 22, 2010

a different sort of news

I've already rambled on enough today, and have stuff I need to do but I realized I hadn't posted the thing I wanted to, so...

For a while now, every morning I read the Trib on the web as part of my morning routine.  Unfortunately, all of the stories and the accompanying comments end up really depressing me and start me thinking that life just sucks and we're all doomed.  I've tried researching "Positive" news sites but many of them seem to be religious in nature, or just things I can't relate to.

Yesterday, I came across something called The Charter For Compassion.  It's a movement by global citizens to recognize that compassion is critical for the survival of the human race and the planet we live on.  As part of the website, you can click on micro stories of compassion as understood, experienced or demonstrated by people  all over the world. 

Finally, I found my "new" news.  Check it out if you want -
www.thecharterforcompassion.org

No comments:

Post a Comment